How to care for your leather
We use bull hide leather and horse hide leather. These hides are made from natural steer hides that are range bred and grown. Thus, there may be natural range markings in the grain of the leather. This is normal for top grain bull hide and horse hide leather. This adds to the beauty and character of your MTR products.
Following the instructions below will add to the service life of your MTR product.
Leather that comes in contact with your skin or cloths will also come in contact with bodily perspiration (oils, sweat and etc.). Think of the leather as your skin being dried while being outside or dirty when in the woods hurting. The leather may become dirty on a regular basis and may need to be cleaned or treated periodically to slow the natural breakdown of the leather fibers.
Steps for Carnauba Wax:
- Make sure your leather is dry (do not dry the leather with any artificial heat)
- Take MTR Custom Leather Carnauba Wax and shake well to avoid bubbles
- Apply the Carnauba wax with a soft cloth
- Allow the leather to dry naturally
- Take Sheep wool and buff the leather to a high gloss
- Application can be repeated
Carnauba Wax Benefits:
- Deep luster and shine
- Proven technology
- Resist finger prints
- Resist scruff marks
- High gloss and shine
Carnauba is a thick base cream.
Steps for Atom Wax:
- Make sure the leather is dry (do not dry the leather with any artificial heat)
- Remove any surface dirt by using a piece of rubber foam (nothing hard, may damage leather fibers)
- Take the MTR Custom Leather Atom Wax and shake well to avoid bubbles
- Apply Atom Wax sparingly can use a dapper or soft cloth
- Work evenly into the leather
- Let dry
- Polish briskly with soft cloth for a natural finish
Atom Wax Benefits:
- Cleans the leather from dirt, debris, bodily fluids, etc.
- Penetrates deep into the leather fibers
- Easy to Buff
- Proven technology
Atom Wax is a watery base liquid.
Do not submerge or saturate your leather product in the waxes. Do not use any other kinds of oils on our leather product. Other oils may soften the leather too much.
CAUTION with carnauba and atom wax! Keep away from heat, flame, or sparks. If swallowed, call a physician immediately. KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN.